Max Levine Ensemble - 3 albums

The other night I was on What (if you don't know, you don't need to) looking under the tag "folk punk". I started by going to a band I knew I liked, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb. That led me to another band, Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, who despite being broken up, are AMAZING. That band led me to the Max Levine Ensemble. I expected to hear folk punk, but it turns out it was pop-punk with some ska-punk. A pleasant surprise. I suppose they were tagged as folk punk because they are on Plan-It-X Records, but that's the only thing. The lead singer has a voice that should be in a folk punk band, high and nasal sounding, but they make it work. Imagine Against All Authority, if they lightened up a little bit.

Chach, Cops, and Donuts
Compilation of their first two albums plus bonus unreleased content.

Download




How to Build An Intergalactic Time Travel Machine

Download






OK Smarty Pants


Download





pass is: flipyourwig